|Image by Rush and Hugh Syme|
I'm not going to spend time here to look back and forward for myself - I've done that in my Win Anyway blog - where all that belongs. Instead, I want to help YOU look back and forward, as you think about what you want your speaking life to be about in the next 12 months.
You may be an experienced, currently working speaker, or a Toastmaster looking to break out into the 'real world', or even a complete 'newbie' who just stumbled upon this particular post. It might be the middle of June, for that matter. That's OK - just start where you are, and ask and answer the questions below - and share your answers in the comments. No matter where you are on the journey, sharing your goals and accomplishments will serve to inspire you, and all of us.
9 Questions to Help You Define Your Speaking in 2015
1) On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you rank your speaking skills now vs. a year ago? Where do they need to be for you to reach success a from now?
2) Are you a keynoter? A trainer? A coach? An information expert? How would you define yourself?
3) What do you want to speak about MOST?
4) How many times did you speak about was MOST interested you?
5) Do you know how what MOST interests you will most interest your AUDIENCE?
6) How many times did you speak last year? How many times outside of Toastmasters? How many times do you want to speak between now and Dec 31, 2015?
7) Did you get paid to speak or coach last year? How much do you want to make this year at either, or both?
8) How many products do you have to sell when you speak? If you could create ONE new product this year, what would it be?
9) Finally - what will you do again this year that worked in 2014, and what will you do different to ensure greater success in 2015?
Not sure how to answer? Or how to get the results IN your answers? Don't go it alone. Make the first different action you take going into next year be getting a coach on board with you - someone you trust, someone who's walked in the footsteps ahead of you.
Don't be sitting down a year from now frustrated that you're in the exact same place as you are right now if this isn't where you want to be.
Make 2015 the year you Speak....& Deliver!