Monday, December 6, 2010

If a Tree Falls in the Forest...

copyright David Paul Bayles

...and no one is there to hear it, did it make any noise?

If a blogger has lots of ideas, but never blogs, will anyone ever read them?

If a speaker has a story to tell, but never speaks, will anyone ever hear them?

If you can make a difference, but never do, will anyone care?

Hard questions, but ones we should all consider every once in a while. Particularly those of us who have effectively gone two months without a blog post that wasn't advertising a Halloween Sale!

Not that I've been silent, completely. I did finish designing and editing my wife's book, Thriving with Neurofibromatosis, and spent a lot of time marketing it, and getting it up on Amazon. And I spent a week in Orlando with my wife and kids riding the Tower of Tower, Splash Mountain, and the Manta Ride (at SeaWorld). And celebrated Thanksgiving. And won four consecutive weeks in my Fantasy football league (five, if Dustin Keller catches a TD tonight for the Jets.).


I was not this Happy on this upside down coaster ride.

But, for all the roller coasters, roasted turkeys, and falling tree trunks that the last 4-8 weeks have seen, I can't say I've done it in front of you, my loyal audience. Shame on ME.

How 'bout you? When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience with the intent of making a difference in your life or theirs? When was your last blog post of note? Are you letting the holidays get in your way, or a list of a million other reasons/excuses?

Speak & Deliver - the words themselves are actions, not ideas. We must Speak to Deliver (or blog, or write, or whatever we do), or we have nother to Deliver. We must Deliver to make our Speaking (or blogging, or writing, or whatever we do) matter, versus just blowing air loudly.

NOW - as much as I am thankful to you for being here sharing this moment on my blog, quit reading, and go Do Something - and Deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...